Thursday, April 12, 2007

Brilliant, just freakin' brilliant.

I'm a big fan of functional design. Yesterday, my brother showed me the perfect example of all time. It's called the Hamster Shredder by Tom Ballhatchet. Brilliant, just freakin' brilliant.

This upcoming weekend is a special time for Jen and I. We'll be celebrating our one year wedding anniversary and 8 year anniversary of when we met on Sunday. It's crazy to think about all that we have gone through together. We're driving up to Sonoma for the weekend to make some new memories. Our plans include the whole bed & breakfast experience, visiting wineries, and a fancy dinner at Cyrus (should be good; Michelin 2 Star, SF Chronicle 4 Star). Jen's all stressed out because not only is our wedding anniversary but my birthday is the day after. Woohoo! I'm turning 27, or (Warning! Geek out momment...) 3 cubed or the largest number that is the sum of the digits of its cube. She's all stressed about getting two gifts for me. I keep telling her that I have the best gift in the world...her. Apparently, she doesn't think its enough. Silly woman. I'm gonna try an experiment and post my wish list. I hate asking for stuff, but there's enough people who say I'm so hard to shop for and maybe this will help her.

Wish list


  • 2002 VW Jetta Repair Manual

  • black dress socks

  • black belt

  • brown dress shoes

  • rack shelves for my armoire

  • ankle-high socks

  • Flickr Pro account

  • a copy of the Food Lover's Companion Book

  • craiglist $20 used bike rack

  • ...and a stripper couldn't hurt... kidding

I'll let y'all know how Sonoma was, especially Cyrus. Shout outs go to
Anne and John: Welcome back! Sorry I've been bad and haven't written back. Thanks for the warm happy occasion email!
Barbara and John: Thank you for all the gifts and warm wishes. You are just too generous.
Aunt Chris & Uncle John: Thank you for the earliest anniversary card we received!
(What do you think, do I know a lot of John's?)



Culinary Word of the Day: Crudités
Cut-up raw (or sometimes blanched) vegetables. Source Simply Cooking

No comments: