Tuesday, May 15, 2007

5+ Day Wrap-up! Now with new Dessert Alert!

So I've been slacking. My new obsession has already gone wayside to my newest struggle to be an adult: trying to sell my house. I own a home in Oakland, CA. It was a financial adventure I choose to take instead of moving in with Jen almost 3 years ago. Some of you may have even heard the results on the day I got my keys... I called Jen up told her how I had made a mistake and should have took her up on the offer. In any case, it all worked out, and here I am today with too many living options and too few monetary choices.

My goal was to have it up on the market today, May 15, 2007. A lot of my friends and family (probably, even you) have wondered why Jen and I have disappeared. Well, its because we became spackling, painting, woodworking, gardening, plumbing, tiling, and moving experts. Every spare moment has been dedicated to getting the house to be ready for sale. We even moved over for a few nights, setting up a temporary bedroom and stocking the refrigerator. So here we are on the day of the deadline, we aren't done completely. We'll have to keep on pluggin away until we get it done.

In the meantime, come check out Jen's new dessert creation. It called the Strawberry Trifle, and it served in a glass canning jar for every to visually oohh and ahh about all yummy layers. Salt House just got a load of new jars, so hopefully, they won't sell out so quick!



Culinary Word of the Day: Trifle
Originally from England, this dessert consists of sponge cake or ladyfingers doused with spirits (usuallysherry) covered with jam and custard, topped with whipped cream and garnished with candied or fresh fruit, nuts or grated chocolate. Source: Food Lover's Companion

1 comment:

HeySeth said...

If you love Strawberry Shortcake, you'll love Jen's Strawberry Trifle. The strawberries were fantastic, and the crème fraîche was strong. In fact, a little too strong. The dessert was tasty, but it didn't have the complexity that I go to Salt House for. I hear that there was champagne in the dish, but I couldn't tell.