Monday, July 23, 2007

I ♥ iPhone

Oh my iPhone...

Not marble, nor the gilded monuments
Of princes, shall outlive this powerful rhyme;
But you shall shine more bright in these contents
Than unswept stone, besmear'd with sluttish time.
When wasteful war shall statues overturn,
And broils root out the work of masonry,
Nor Mars his sword nor war's quick fire shall burn
The living record of your memory.
'Gainst death and all oblivious enmity
Shall you pace forth; your praise shall still find room,
Even in the eyes of all posterity
That wear this world out to the ending doom.
So, till the judgment that yourself arise,
You live in this, and dwell in lovers' eyes.
-William Shakespeare, Sonnet 55

Oh how I do love thee, my future iPhone. But how does one justify 6+ crisp Franklins to hold your slick frame in one's hand, to "oh and ah" at your touchscreen interface, and to dance about with your iPod features while flipping through web pages with your amazing browser capabilities.

I could go on and on about the wonders that Steve Jobs imbued upon this device, but in the end, I do not have one in my hand. While the geeky side of me craves the new toy, the practical side cannot part with that much money for phone. I've devised a compromise to satisfy Id and Ego. Sometime before the iPhone was released I purchased a bunch of Apple Stock (aapl). What I'm banking on is to make money on the iPhone craze, and with those gains, purchase the phone. Essentially, this allows the hype to pay for my craving. Now, it being about 3 weeks since its release, I've already made an unrealized profit of almost one and a quarter iPhones. I'm at the point where I should just sell and start enjoying my iPhone. But that pesky sense of common keeps telling me that I should wait for the v2.0 or at least until my current phone is dead. Needless to say, my Id is unamused and has had to suffice by listening to my Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollow audiobook while enjoying the blackberry pie Jen made me over the weekend. ;)

IMG_2443

Fun math:
The second Pizza Theorem
What is the volume of a pizza with thickness a and radius z?

pi z z a



Culinary Word of the Day: Chenna
A fresh, unripened cheese used throughout India, although it's most popular in the eastern part of the country. It is made from cow's or buffalo's milk and resembles a cottage cheese that's been kneaded until it's closer to the consistency of a light cream cheese. Chenna, which is available in Indian markets, is used primarily in a variety of Bengali desserts. Source: Food Lover's Companion

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your treo will NEVER die! i say, run it over with your car, and then bam! new iphone. sounds good no? :) dump the stock. it's going to fall back down by the end of august, but then buy it back before the end of october for when the next version of the iphone comes out, and that's when you make the moolah!