Monday, October 22, 2007

Crikey, Mate!

Dorkalicious
Dorkalicious,
originally uploaded by mllegemaricaine.
Last Saturday, Jen and I were outback in the biggity, biggity O at Mayra & Liza's huge GHOULISH GARCIA GALA. Jen dressed up as a cute crocodile while I paid homage to the venerable, late Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter. As couple costumes go, we thought it was awesome and so did Liza & Mayra as we won for best costume. Angela thought our idea was dorkalicious.

Can we get a hurray for homemade costumes? Both of ours were very affordable. Jen just threw on a green dress from Forever 21, or XXI as they now call themselves, and green tights. I made the Croc head and jaw with some cardboard and paint. Pretty crafty, eh? My getup was pretty easy except for the fact finding a shirt and shorts that matched in color was a pain. On top of it all, the shorts were 2 sizes too small, so it looked like I stuffed my shorts. Another problem was that we had to constantly be near each other, otherwise our couple costume broke down. People started to think Jen was a dinosaur and I was a UPS guy. At some point, I told people you can check out my package right here as I pointed to my overly tight shorts.

All in all, Jen and I had great fun. And despite the costume mix ups, I went home with the only croc I'd like to wrestle. ;)

3 comments:

A. Kenny said...

OMG That last line made you an even bigger dork, albeit a cute one.

Irene said...

Keep your package to yourself at dinner club, k? :-)

Unknown said...

Hhahaha. You wrote that cause Jen reads this, huh?